Heyho everyone! It's Meme Day on Yankee Romance Reviewers and we have been tagged by author Caroline Linden. :D
10 Random Things About Me (or my books) (or my family)
1. In high school I was voted most likely to be a millionaire. Not a sniff of a clue why, but I would be totally cool with it coming true (and if it could happen in time for the 20th reunion, that would be extra lovely).
2. Julia Quinn and I went to the same college, and lived in the same dorm, at the same time!!! No, I never met her while we were there…
3. I hate mushrooms. Hatehatehate them. It's fungus, not food.
4. My daughter loves mushrooms. Loveslovesloves them. Must be from her father's side.
5. Molly, the heroine's daughter in What A Gentleman Wants, is based on my daughter. Very closely. All that with the bugs and rocks and wading in ponds? Not fiction.
6. I never meant to write another book about the Reeces after What A Gentleman Wants. My editor asked me to do it. And somehow it grew into a trilogy. In the last book (A Rake's Guide to Seduction) I gave Molly a pony, which is probably the closest my daughter will ever get to a pony of her own. Sorry, sweetie.
7. I'm writing a new trilogy now, but this time about spies. I love spies, even more than I hate mushrooms. James Bond, mmmm. Jason Bourne, mmmmm.
8. The first book is called A View to a Kiss, which is obviously a knock-off James Bond title, but the plot is more like Romeo and Juliet, if Romeo were a lowly spy for the government instead of a wealthy Montague. There's even a scene on a balcony. But, obviously, the hero and heroine don't die at the end.
9. I like Romeo and Juliet, even though the hero and heroine die at the end, but I like Shakespeare in Love even better. Not just for Joseph Fiennes, either (although my love for him almost exceeds my love for spies).
10. If Joseph Fiennes ever plays a sexy spy in a romantic suspense-thriller set in any time period before 1850, I might spontaneously combust from happiness. Right after I preordered five copies of the DVD.
* * * ~~~ * * * ~~~ * * *
Caroline, thanks very much for tagging us today. I liked your random list! And I love Jason Bourne :D
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
And now, let me see.... to continue what Caroline started.... *rubs hands in glee*
If you would like a chance to win a signed set of Caroline's trilogy: What A Gentleman Wants, What A Rogue Desires, and A Rake's Guide to Seduction, list 4 random things about yourself and leave your e-mail addy!
Have a most wonderful day!