Firstly we have Erica Hayes who was tagged by Linda Wisdom (our very own snarky witch).
1. What town were the infamous witch trials held?
Salem, Massachusetts, 1692-3. They hanged nineteen people.
2. What animal is a witch’s favorite familiar?
Black cats seem to be popular.
3. Who has black and white hair and adores Dalmatians way too much?
Cruella DeVil! Love her!
4. True or False. Your urban vampire enjoys a good Bloody Mary – as long as she’s AB Neg?
I’d have to go for false on this one. Vampires don’t care about blood type, do they?
5. What’s the name of the witch in the Looney Tunes cartoons?
The fat green one with the big nose? Ohh... Witch Hazel!
6. What metal does a werewolf fear?
Silver. Silver bullets, silver knives, silver nitrate poison. Presumably x-rays would be a problem. Silver: get it into you.
7. What does a witch brew her spells in?
A big black bubbling cauldron... “Double, double toil and trouble...”
8. What infamous witch vowed, “I’ll get you my pretty and your little dog too”?
Ze Vicked Vitch of ze Vest! Played by a green-painted Margaret Hamilton in the movie: “I’m melting! I’m meltinnggg!!”
9. What is the name of the famous cartoon ghost who wants to be friends with everyone?
Casper the Friendly Ghost. Cute little smoky fella.
10. What’s the name of the lead character in The Nightmare Before Christmas?
Ohh... The Pumkin King! Jack something. Jack Skelleton? Voiced by the wonderful Chris Sarandon.
Casey Daniels was tagged by Candace Havens. (Both names start with C is for Candy.)
1. What is your favorite Halloween Candy?
Snickers. No doubt about it!
2. What's the scariest movie you've ever seen?
I don't watch scary movies. Ever. Nope. Not going to do it.
3. What are you going to be for Halloween this year?
Doing a booksigning on Halloween so I guess I'm going to be an author!
4. Has a book or movie ever scared you so bad you couldn't sleep? And what was it?
Don't read scary books, either. I think it has something to do with a writer's imagination. I scare too easily. And I don't like it!
5. Who does the laundry in your house?
Everybody does their own.
6. Do you have any pets? What are their names?
I have an Airedale named Ernie and a rescued foster Jack Russell (yikes!) named Oscar.
7. When do you start shopping for Christmas presents?
Not until after Thanksgiving. I won't think about Christmas/look at Christmas decorations/make a list until then.
8. What is your middle name?
I don't have one.
9. What's the last CD or iTunes you bought?
Too funny! I don't own an MP3 player and I hardly ever listen to CDs. I've probably bought them as gifts, but never for myself.
10. If you were a supernatural creature, what would you be?
I have enough trouble just being me! I'll pass on being supernatural!
Angie Fox was tagged by Terra (mwaahhhhhhhhaaaaa)
1. Name three games played at a Halloween party in the 1960’s?
Oh geez. I wasn't alive in the 60's. Maybe bobbing for apples? Go get mommy an olive for her martini?
2. What is Count Dracula’s favorite flavor?
Chocolate! Wait. That's mine.
3. Fishnet stockings or garter hose?
Fishnets. Might as well go all out.
4. What is your Favorite Halloween Treat?
5. What is a Blue Moon?
A yummy kind of beer
6. Which Halloween paranormal character do you like the best?
I have a soft spot for zombies.
7. Would you kiss a frog to get your Prince?
8. What will you be doing on Halloween night?
Trick-or-treating with my kids
9. Pumpkin or Jack-o-lantern?
10. Finish this song: Trick or Treat, Smell my Feet,…………………..
Now give me some chocolate and be quick about it.
Linda Wisdom was tagged by Casey Daniels. (The Witch and the Slueth, they both broke a tooth. LOL!)
1. Is a pumpkin a fruit or a vegetable?
c) Can I saw “all of the above?” X
d) Got me!
2. Halloween originated from a pagan Celtic holiday. What was the name of it?
b) Samhain X
c) End of Summer
d) I know nothing about pagan Celts, just hand over the Peeps!
3. When the Romans took over Britain, they transformed Samhain into a holiday honoring Pomona, the goddess of fruits and gardens. They considered one fruit sacred, and these days, the tradition of honoring her has been transformed into one bobbing for this item. What is it?
a) Pumpkins might be fruits, right? How about pumpkins?
c) In the Charlie Brown Halloween special, it was Snoopy! X
4. With the rise of Christianity, the holiday was changed again to honor the Eve of the next day, a Holy Day. That day is called
a) All Saints Day X
b) All Souls Day
c) I Ate Too Many Peeps and My Stomach Hurts Day
d) Let’s Dig out the Snickers We Held Back from the Kids Day
5. What percentage of Americans say they decorate for Halloween?
d) What? You mean not everyone has a Halloween shower curtain? X
6. What percentage of pumpkins grown in the US are used for jack-o-lanterns?
d) All the ones that don’t get smashed X
7. The first official Halloween observance in the US was in 1921 in
a) Hey, Cleveland rocks! It must have been Cleveland
b) New Orleans X
c) Anoka, Minnesota
d) New York City
8. Jack-o-lanterns were originally used because people thought their light would frighten away ghosts. The first jack-o-lanterns were carved from
a) Duh! Pumpkins X
d) Peeps. Big Peeps
9. Which company runs a “Flavor Graveyard” on its website?
b) M&Ms X
c) Ben & Jerry’s
10. What is Casey Daniels’ favorite holiday?
a) Her birthday
b) Christmas X
c) St. Patrick’s Day
Terra was tagged by Erica Hayes (Oh my, Oh my, Of coarse I'll try!)
1. Best vacation destination?
Unknown Cemeteries (I love walking through looking at the stones)
2. Favorite superhero (or villain)?
The Headless Horseman
3. Coffee or chocolate?
Oh come on I have to choose! Coffee, chocolate, coffee, chocolate, ah hell both!
4. Cats or dogs?
Dogs for sure.
5. Favorite flavour of ice cream?
Pumpkin with Creme Brulee' coming in a close second.
6. Sunbathing or skiing?
Skiing that way you can't see all the battle scars from having kids.
7. Vampires or werewolves?
Oh most certainly Vampires! I love the way they SUCK!
8. Favourite non-romance book
My cookbook collection.
9. Chicken or fish?
Another one where you have to make me choose, Sheesh! Hmm........Chicken!
10. Star Trek or Star Wars?
Oh now this is tricky but I'll go with Star Trek.
Linda Wisdom is donating a copy of Hex in High Heels, a broom pen and hexy body lotion to one lucky winner
Erica Hayes is donating a copy of her book SHADOWFAE to one lucky winner (unsigned as books are in US and she is in Australia).
Angie Fox is donating a Biker Witch Party Kit to one lucky winner. This kit consists of:
A Yankee Candle "Harvest" jar candle: A blend of cinnamon, cloves and musk with a hint of sweet apples and pumpkin
A "Kiss My Asphalt" t-shirt (name your size)
An autographed, first edition copy of the New York Times bestsellign book, The Accidental Demon Slayer
An autographed, first edition copy of The Dangerous Book for Demon Slayers
An autographed, limited edition chapter book for the upcoming A Tale of Two Demon Slayers
Casey Daniels is donating a copy of one of her Pepper Martin books.
Cindy Miles was not able to play but she has generously donated two copies of her book Thirteen Chances to go to two winners. One book to each. (These are signed copies and also come with a bookmark.)
I (as in Terra) am donating a $15 gift certificate to Amazon.com to one lucky winner.
Now for all of you readers. What do you have to do you say to have a chance to win one of these nice Treats. Hmmm..........Angie Fox has tagged you all so you must answer the following questions and leave your email addy in the comments section. Just cut and paste what you see in green below and post into the comments section. Put your answers below each question.
1. What’s your favorite Halloween candy?
2. The craziest costume you’ve ever worn?
3. What is your favorite thing to do when you have the house to yourself?
4. What is the one thing you hope I don’t ask?
5. If you weren’t an author, what would you be?
6. What genre do you read, but not write?
7. Name a pet peeve.
8. Name one of your pets.
9. What’s your favorite pig out food?
10. What’s the craziest road trip you’ve ever taken?
Eligable entries must fall during the hours of 12:01 A.M. and 11:59 P.M. on Halloween. Any entries before or after those hours will not be counted. Winners will be posted on November 1st later in the day and you will have one week to claim your prize or it will be forfeit and another winner will be chosen.